Monday, January 17, 2011

Waste of Space? Ok by me

An internet joke on www.cracked.com presented  a blog acceptance which read" "Are you ok with this blog becoming a waste of space on the internet which will most likely only be read by your parents and self"? To this question i answer, Please just let this be a waste of space!


 I feel like i stopped blogging because i became so intertwined with a reality that was not mine. I went from just a shy girl who wanted to write about art to having art bloggers all across the web reading my reviews of various museums. I was even fortunate enough to have my writing featured on blogs of such an esteemed caliber.  I am honored for the recognition but i feel like i really lost a part of myself with each entry. I want to be true to myself and admit that i got caught up in a game of numbers, I forgot about the true reason i was writing and began to write to gain a broader following . Although i was one of the youngest writers within my category, i felt like a mere child in comparison to the esteemed bloggers of the Art History Blogosphere. 


I am afraid of criticism which is one of the most dangerous fears of all. with criticism comes rejection by far my greatest fear. In no way do i plan to have a broad following this time. I just want to do something for me. Who knows what this semester will bring? perhaps this blog will be about art and travel or maybe as stated by cracked.com  it will be a waste of space.

1 comment:

  1. It's never a waste of space, my dear. I am so proud that you were respected by other bloggers, and you always will be, but let me tell you that right now, I really respect you.

    We're all afraid of rejection, but the fact that you admitted it and are comfortable with being yourself shows great personal strength. I look forward to seeing you in blog form again :)

    ReplyDelete